It all began in 1912 with Stefano Santambrogio, the founder of the company. Born in 1865 at Meda in Brianza, he moved when very young to Gallerate, where he found a job in the first company in Varesotto manufacturing pipes of various kinds: the Manifattura Pipe Fratelli Lana.
In 1899, after the closure of this company, he moved with his wife to Gavirate and was hired in the position of manager at the Fabbrica Pipe Rossi of Barasso.
In 1926 the first electrical power became available and the waterwheel then worked alongside the first electrical motor of 5HP. This permitted him to increase the number of workers and in consequence the production, to satisfy the growing demand for pipes. The production reached its peak in the 1930’s and 1940’s. 130 workers were employed and about 100 000 pipes were produced each month and exported to every corner of the world.
In 1951, after the death of the founder, his sons Renzo and Armando ensured the continuity of the company until 1981 when Stefano Santambrogio, the present owner, took over on the death of his father, Renzo.
- Size LARGE
- Color BLACK
- Finishes Carved
- Mouthpiece Acrylic
- Curvature Straight
- Tipo de filtro No
- Condition Very Good 8/10
- Maintenance & Conservation status Restored
No customer comments for the moment.
1 other products in the same category: